How to write the cover letter for nursing school admission
Almost everyone knows what is a CV, but only some can answer – what for do we need the cover letter for nursing school admission essay, and why it is so important. How to make it “selling” and enter the desired nursing school?
If you need help with your assignment, we recommend that you contact professionals. More than 70,000 experts are ready to help you right now.
📂 What is the Cover Letter for Nursing School Admission Essay?
The cover letter or application for the nursing school program is a powerful tool to introduce yourself. It appeals directly to the members of an admission committee or concrete person. The well-tailored cover letter provided together with the required package of documents is very important.
What is the difference between the cover letter, CV, and normal essay of a nursing school candidate? CV describes the main facts about a person who is applying to the study program.
💡 The normal or free-style essay allows creating your own text structure to persuade the committee that you are the best candidate.
The cover letter is the type of formal paper. It requires you to comply with business writing standards and at the same time to impress the admissions and convince them to include you to the school.
The cover letter for nursing school admission is not only about your advantages and readiness. The essential part of the essay is why do you want to study exactly in this nursing school? The cover letter is showing the admission board that you are an appropriate candidate for the specific nursing program. Keep it in mind when you are writing a nursing school application essay.
📝 The Optimum Structure of Cover Letter for Nursing School Admission
The cover letter is a one-page essay. Most often, it consists of the following elements:
- Heading. Here you need to provide information about the institution and (if needed) a concrete person to whom your application letter is addressed. Each option from the new line. For example Mr. John Smith / Head of Admission Committee / XYZ Nursing School / Index and address of the institution (if required).
- Salutation. For example: “Dear Admission Committee” or the personal name if you know it.
- Letter opening. It is one paragraph of a maximum of three sentences to “hook” the reader and make him read on. Why do you want to become a nurse? What is your motivation to study? What facts can prove that you will be successful in the nurse industry?
- “You are a perfect candidate” part. Two short paragraphs telling the admission committee: Who are you now? What is your current experience and goals? What has led you to the decision to enter the nursing school? What are the 2-3 main points your decision is built on (the styled list is allowed)? Describe your personal statement here.
- Why this program and this nursing school is perfect for you. You need to show the admission committee that you’ve studied all the details. And you are sure that this nursing school is a perfect match to achieve your main goal – to become an excellent nurse of the medical school, to impact the nursing industry and social wellbeing.
- Closing paragraph. One sentence that shows you are grateful for that attention and looking forward to becoming a member of the school nurse program.
- Formal closing. Kind regards or Sincerely / Your name and last name.
- Postscript is optional. Use it only when you are sure it adds value to your cover letter in terms of your main goal – to enter this nursing school.
📄 The Cover Letter for Nursing School Admission. Important Rules and Tips
- Use correct keywords related to the nursing industry, the concrete nursing school, and the study program.
- Be short and concrete. The cover letter for the nursing school admission is a concentrated message that is aimed to “promote” you as the best candidate.
- Zero mistakes: Just one page can influence the committee decision. There is no right to make mistakes, either semantic or grammatical.
- We advise you not to regret a few minutes and read the “Do’s and Don’ts” tips here.
🍀 Quick Help with Your Cover letter for Nursing School Admission
We hope that this article was useful to you. As you can see, working on a cover or recommendation letter is one of the most important parts of the admission process. A well-written essay is meant for your approval by the admissions committee and guarantees a high chance of joining the chosen nursing graduate school.
If you need to access the cover letter for nursing school admission essay samples or the help with essay writing for graduate school admission – contact us via the order form. We will help you formulate the best personal statement for nurses, provide sample letters, and write a cover letter especially for you.